Friends of Edgewood Park
Who We Are
Friends of Edgewood Park (FOEP) is a volunteer organization whose goals are to promote and organize activities in the park, support the park rangers' work, and raise awareness and funds for the park. We are affiliated with the Elm City Parks Conservancy, an umbrella group for park groups in New Haven.
What We Do
- Free family programs in the park
- Weekly Nature Pals playgroup in the ranger station
- Installation of adult fitness course
- Trail improvement grant
- Interior painting of the ranger station
- Wine and Cheese on the Deck
- Community Picnic
- Chili cook off
- Park Cleanups
The City of New Haven Parks Department also organizes many events in the park, such as the Fall Festival, Wreath and Candle Making, and jazz concerts in the summer. Visit the City's web site describing the park, or call the Park Ranger at (203) 946-8028. The City also has a very nice interactive map of the park here.
Meetings are usually held on the first Tuesday of each month (except January and August), at 6:30 pm at the Ranger Station on Edgewood Ave. Please join us!
Our group is always looking for new volunteers and supporters. You can join our mailing list by clicking here () and receive updates on our activities every 2-3 weeks. (Check the Friends of Edgewood Box when asked, as well as, if you wish, the box for the Westville Renaissance Alliance).
Or you can become a voting member by paying annual dues that start at $20. Please contact us at email@example.com for details, or call Deirdre Fox at (203) 387-1283.
- President: Semi Semi-Dikoko (ssd9999 at hotmail.com)
- Vice-President: Michael Pinto (mpinto at newhavenct.net)
- Treasurer: Greg Dildine (greg.laura at comcast.net)
- Secretary: Stephanie FitzGerald' (sfitzgerald1 at comcast.net)
- Diane Scarponi (fdpscarponi at yahoo.com)
- Valencia Goodridge (valencia64 at yahoo.com)
- Sharon Lovett-Graff (sharonlgnewhaven at yahoo.com
- Alison Burke (akb8a at comcast.net